Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Odd Thomas: Deeply Odd

    Dean Koontz is really one of the quirkiest authors I've read, making his Odd Thomas series one of my favorites. The premise is that Odd Thomas is just your regular ol' short order cook with just a few extra senses. He can see the dead, and can use psychic magnetism to find the bad guys. This is the 6th book in what is supposed to be a 7 book series, so absolutely don't read this first :). I'll be honest, I was a little disappointed in the 5th book, but this one has really gone above and beyond to win me back.

     Odd is tasked this time with saving children from a rhinestone cowboy turning them into sacrifices and really keeps you on your toes. His optimistic perspective is always on point, and his random thought trails still make me smile. He meets a new favorite character of mine called Edie Fischer with a limosine built like a tank.

     I really enjoyed this one. It kept me on my toes, and it had Odd acting like the badass we all know he is. I can't really tell a whole lot without spoilers (Doctor Who, anyone ?), but I will say it gave Odd a little more direction than the past couple books in the series did. I'm thrilled that Dean Koontz is planning on wrapping up the series as solid as it was in the beginning. I gave this book 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment