Monday, December 8, 2014

How They Met and Other Stories...

     I picked this for my short stories book, and actually really liked it. I've never actually sat down to read a book of short stories (besides for the chicken soup for the soul books... was I the only one ?) and I was pleasantly surprised. I've never read anything by David Levithan before, but we shall remedy that for sure. There are 18 different stories about people from all walks of life and love, thus speaking to my chick flick loving heart. If I'm not mistaken, David Levithan is a young adult author, but that didn't keep him from writing about other couples in this book. Something that surprised me was that several of the stories were more about LGBT couples, I wasn't expecting that and then I couldn't put it down.

     I really enjoyed the book and I'll be checking out some other books written by David Levithan. This book kept me busy and awake while in line waiting for black friday shopping. It made me smile, laugh, and tear up. Several instances reminded me of past relationships, and I love when that happens. I gave it 3 out of 5 stars. I enjoyed it, but I'm not sure if its something I would read again.



No comments:

Post a Comment