Monday, December 22, 2014

Cinder

     I have no idea why I waited so long to read this !!! This spin on Cinderella trumps them all ! The story follows Cinder, a gifted mechanic, who is also a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, hated by her stepmother. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.

     I told myself I wouldn't get stuck in a series when I have so many other books to read right now, but it happened. I'm not even sorry. I started reading this while at work and absolutely couldn't stop. I ignored emails and coworkers just to find out what would happen next. Although, lets be honest, coworkers know that when I'm reading I can't even hear them. I liked how there would be little snippets of Cinderella mixed into the story, but I still didn't know what happened next. Awesome writing, the idea behind it is so interesting. I tend to hate cliffhangers, just because I desperately need to know what happens right NOW but its OK. I don't even mind it, just because it keeps the story on my mind. I'm dying to find out what happens ! I asked for the next 2 books for Christmas, so we'll see if I get them.

P.S. I only have 2 books left in the Winter Reading Challenge !!! Yay ! Such fun, but man I'm ready to read what I want to read, whenever I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment