Friday, December 12, 2014

Dear John

     This book is another one that was read for the winter book challenge; its my book that shares a name with a song. I went into reading this knowing what would happen, I saw the movie in theatres many moons ago (BIG Channing Tatum fan). The book follows a man named John that has come home for leave while in the military. He meets the girl of his dreams and comes to terms with his relationship with his father. Honestly, this story just tore me to pieces. It wasn't even the romance that got me, it was the relationship between John and his father. The movie barely dives into that part of the story and I feel like it sheds so much light on Johns growth as a person and who he is.

     I know not a lot of people like Nicholas Sparks just because he writes the tragedies, but I think that's why I like him so much. This is not a romance that will leave you happy and singing love songs, but I still think its wonderful. I, of course, wish that John and Savannah end up together (this isn't a spoiler, you find this out in like the 3rd sentence, calm down), but I think even that makes him a better person. He knows what is right and for that John is a better man.

     Awesome story, quick read. I gave it 3.5 out of 5 stars.

     P.S. Anyone that reads on a kindle, don't you hate it when it says you're at like 89% but you didn't account for the fact that there might be an excerpt or notes from the author at the end ?? I had 11% left to go and I wasn't prepared to say goodbye yet !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment