Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Friends, Lovers, Chocolate

     I'll just go ahead and say it, I really did not enjoy this book. I thought it felt like the author was just trying a little too hard. The rabbit trails that he followed were endless. The premise is that Isabel Dalhousie, a philosopher, has recently come across someone that is recovering from a heart transplant and is experiencing what they believe is cell memory. Very interesting concept, but poorly executed. The writing by itself was fine, I don't have any complaints about that. The story, however, is a different matter. I ended up giving it just 2 stars. I don't know, maybe I'm just not a philosophic person, but the book just rubbed me the wrong way.

     I've been struggling with my book choices recently. I'm thinking about trying something different and off topic for a couple days just to get back to normal. I've heard nothing but good things about Outlander. I was able to get the first book on my kindle for like $2 on sale which was nice. I need to get out of my book funk, so stay tuned !! 

No comments:

Post a Comment