Friday, December 19, 2014

Eclectic Reader Challenge

     I like to think of myself as eclectic or quirky, so a reading list with that title is intriguing. This is just over the course of 2015, so there really isn't a time crunch on it (which I'm glad for). I'm going to go ahead and try to make a tentative list, but some of these I have no idea yet. This is just going back to me trying to read new things and getting out of my comfort zone :)

  1. Retellings (of fairytale, legends or myth) ~ I'm thinking one of the Lunar Chronicles. I've only read the first !
  2. A book set in a country starting with the letter S (eg. Sweden, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Slovakia) ~ Girl with the dragon tattoo 
  3. PI Crime (fiction featuring a private investigator) ~The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith
  4. A novel published before you were born ~ Little Women by Louisa May Alcott 
  5. Contemporary romance ~ Captivated by you by Silvia Day
  6. Fiction for foodies (fiction featuring food/food related business) ~ oh man, I have several of these on my to-read list. One is Delicious by Ruth Reichl
  7. Microhistory (Non Fiction) ~
  8. Science Fiction set in space ~ Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
  9. Sports (Fiction or Non fiction) ~ Michael Jordan: The Life 
  10. Featuring diversity ~
  11. Epistolary Fiction (fiction written in the format of letters/emails/diary entries) ~ I've still never read the Diary of Anne Frank, so thats what I'll do
  12. Middle Grade/YA Adventure ~ The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan  

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Looks like we have a few books picked out in common for this challenge, The Lunar Chronicles and The Silkworm. You said you have several fiction for foodies books on your list, does that mean you've from this genre already and if so, any favorites? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey ! Yay for reading the same books :) I haven't read a lot of foodie fiction, although I don't know why. I freaking love food. One I've read was A girl's guide to love and supper clubs by Dana Bate. A few in my TBR pile are Delicious ! by Ruth Reichl, The hundred-foot journey by Richard Morais, Food: a love story by Jim Gaffigan, and Lizzy and Jane by Katherine Reay. Hope this helps !

      Delete