Wednesday, December 24, 2014

More Reading Challenges

     Instead of listing the 13 (THIRTEEN !!! Yikes !) challenges one by one, I'm gonna try to list a few in one post. I definitely don't want to become redundant. The First challenge is the Let me count the ways challenge. Pretty simple, really, just counting the pages that I read this year. There are different levels you can sign up for.

 
Bronze: 0 - 2000 pages
Silver: 2,001 – 4,000 pages
Gold: 4,001 – 6,000 pages
Platinum: 6,001 – 8,000 pages
Diamond: 8,001 – 10,000 pages
Multi-Diamond: 10,001 + pages
 
 
I'm definitely going for the Multi-Diamond. This year alone I read over 34,000 pages, so this one is pretty simple.
 
 
     The next challenge I'm doing is the What an Animal challenge. Pretty basic as well, I'll have to read at least 6 books with an animal as the main role, an animal that plays a big part, an animal on the cover, or a lead that can turn into an animal. There's 3 levels: 1-6 books is level 1, 7-12 books is level 2, and 13+ is level 3. I think I'm going to go with level 2, just because I have no idea how many books I currently own that fit into that category.
 
     Another challenge I'm going to participate in is the Book Blogger Recommendation. This one sounds super cool, just because there isn't a category that I have to hunt down books for. A lot of these I'm expecting to already be on my TBR list. The rules are pretty easy
 
The challenge runs from January 1st 2014 to December 31st 2015
There are five levels to choose from. You can increase your goal as many times as you want, or (because we all know real life happens!) you can decrease your goal once at any point throughout the year.
The full list of books to choose from will go up on New Year’s Eve
You don’t have to commit in advance to your choices, though of course you can plan them if you want to.

The Levels

Bronze – 3 books
Silver – 5 books
Gold – 10 books
Platinum – 25 books
Diamond – 50 books +


I'm super excited to see what books I can choose from !
    
      Another easy one will be 52 books in 52 weeks. Rules are easy, the week starts on Sunday, challenge runs January 1, 2015- Dec 31, 2015, and you can join at any time. I read over 100 books this year, so it shouldn't be a problem.
 
     Last challenge listed in this post will be the 2015 Monthly Motif challenge. This one sounds fun too (of course, they all sound fun to me. Nerd, who me ?). Each month will have a different theme or motif as follows:
JAN- Book to Movie or Audio
Read a book that has a movie based off of it. For an extra challenge, see the movie or listen to the audio book as well.

FEB- Award Winner
Read a book that has won recognition or a literary award. Here's a list of literary awards to help you get started on your search: Literary Awards.

MAR- Genre Jumble Read a book in a genre that you've never tried or that you're least familiar with. For example, if you typically reach for romance novels, try a mystery this time. Ask your local librarian for great suggestions on the genre your least familiar with.

APR- Mystery, Murder, and Mayhem
Read a murder/mystery book, a book in which someone dies of mysterious causes, or a book in which the truth must come out.

MAY- Library Love
Show your library some love and visit your local branch. Choose a book to read that they have on display.

JUN- Take A Trip
Choose a book to read that takes place in a country different than the one you live in or choose a book written by an author that is from a country different than your own.

JUL- Standing Up
Read a book in which the main character stands up for themselves, stands against an enemy, or stands up for something they believe in.

AUG- Alternate Reality
Read a book that's set in the future, on another planet, in another dimension, or in an unknown world. A Dystopian book will count this month as well.

SEP- Furry Friends
Read a book that includes an animal either as a main character or supporting character. Horses, cats, dogs, insects, bird, etc. The book doesn't have to be about the animal but the animal needs to play some sort of role in the story or be mentioned several times throughout the book.

OCT- Goblins, and Ghost, and Ghouls, Oh My!
Cozy mystery ghost stories, paranormal creeptastic, funky fantasy creatures- it's up to you!

NOV- An Oldie but a Goodie
Pick a book published before 2000 that you've always wanted to read, but just never got to. Or pick a book set in the past (before 2000).

DEC- That's a Wrap
Finish a series you've been meaning to finish or read the next book in a series you started but never finished.

Phew ! If you made it this far, thanks ! I'm setting my Goodreads challenge at 120 books for 2015. Lets see how I do :)
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the What An Animal Reading Challenge! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete