Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Outlander

I finally finished !!! Phew ! I started reading this around the first of January and it took me quite some time, but I'm so glad I powered through. Outlander is the story of a woman on her second honeymoon with her husband in the 1940's. Interested in herbology, she goes up to a rock formation to pick some flowers, and somehow ends up thrown back to the 1740's. This is the story about Claire Beauchamp and how much she is willing to do to be back with the one she loves.
 
The story for me honestly started out a little slow, however once I was hooked, I was hooked. The writing is pretty spectacular, the descriptions are just enough. I genuinely love this story. I'm not the hugest fan of historical fiction, I basically slept though history in school, but this just captivated me. Claire is such a strong character, such a strong woman, and Jamie Fraiser, the Highlander she meets, is so dreamy. I absolutely can't wait to see what happens with the rest of their story. Which of course means 7 more books and at least one more on the way. Yikes. I don't know why I do this to myself.
 
Now here is where I get on my soapbox for a minute. Starz has put out the first 8 episodes of their Outlander series, so obviously I got someones log ins and binged them. Can I just say I will be eternally advocating that all worthy books be turned into TV series instead of movies !? Gosh, there was so much detail and almost nothing is left out. I absolutely loved it and can't wait for more. I'm so tired of awesome books being turned into mediocre movies, it just baffles me why screenwriters think it's OK to just tear wonderful books into pieces and thinking its worthy to put on screen. Its so frustrating, and I won't stop complaining.
 
And I'm done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment