Sorry I've been gone soooo long ! I'm really bad at keeping up with this for some reason :-/ Anyway, if you don't remember what we've done with the poor old windows from the lady's basement, I'll refresh your memory ! I had painted one window a really pretty light green. Eric then got his nifty sander and scuffed it up a little bit.
Now it came time to figure out what to put in the panes for the chalkboard part. It was origionally going to be the glass it came with, but along came a storm and knocked over the glass. (I had it outside cause it was really gross and dirty) Anyways, after a lot of thinking, We went to Home Depot and got a board about 1/4 inch thick and 2ft by 4ft width and height. We ended up having to cut it twice because I may or may not be good at measuring hee hee. After finally getting it in the perfect size, it was time for chalkboard paint !
I think we did 2 or 3 coats of the chalkboard spraypaint. If i was to do this all over again, I would have primed the wood before because it really soaked up the paint and even now that its done, I can still see the wood grooves and it kinda bugs me haha. Oh well ! Here's the finished product !
I found the cute little pail out at the World's Longest Yard Sale. I think I ended up paying like a quarter for it which is awesome :) So, this is the most in depth thing that we've made so far and I'm so proud of it ! I hope you found this very interesting and inspiring !