Friday, January 9, 2015

Big Little Lies

     This was a book club pick by one of my friends, Kathryn. This is my first Liane Moriarty book, and I was pretty intrigued. The book starts out with a murder, but who has been killed ? This book follows three main women with children in the same kindergarten class, Madeline, Jane, and Celeste. They navigate the politics and drama that goes along with having your child in a private school. It involves ex husbands, second wives, schoolyard drama, and of course a death.

     I grew up in a private school, went to one my entire life, so hearing about the drama between the parents was pretty interesting. I actually really enjoyed each of the 3 main women's takes, they were each very different and interesting. Starting with the first few sentences, I was pretty hooked. You start out knowing someone has been killed but not who or who did it. Then the story starts out 6 months before the "incident". Gosh, that drove me crazy ! The twists and turns were just fascinating and kept me on my toes. I was genuinely surprised with the ending which was pretty awesome. I'll definitely be interested in reading more by this author, so stay tuned ! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment